You are missing our excellent site navigation system. Register here for free and get full operational site navigation system. Benefits of full navigation system: Additional items in "home" menu for registered users, shortcuts to your account managements, quick-shortcut links to download and forum sections, show staffs and members online, notify you for new private messages and shortcut to individual messages grouped by senders, tracking latest forum posts since your last visits and reads, and much more.  
 User:  Pwd:  Code: Security Code

Free-Islam.com Free-Islam.com
::  Home  ::  Access Quran Project  ::  Free Islam Quran Translation  ::  Account  ::  Inbox  ::  Forums  ::  Downloads  ::  MP3 Player  ::  Video  ::  Arcade  ::  Chess  ::  Guest Book  ::
www.free-islam.com :: View topic - Chapter 40 - Ghafir (Forgiver) - 85 verses
www.free-islam.com Forum Index Search Forum FAQ Memberlist Ranks Statistics Usergroups
View Favorites Sudoku Coloku Lexoku Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Information Chapter 40 - Ghafir (Forgiver) - 85 verses

www.free-islam.com Forum Index » Translation (Third & Final Draft)   
View previous topic :: View next topic
AuthorMessage
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Faith: Islam
Zodiac: Leo

australia.gif

Post subject: Chapter 40 - Ghafir (Forgiver) - 85 verses Reply with quote  

Ghafir (Forgiver)

Introduction

To be edited......
Post Messageicon Posted:
Wed 20 May, 2009 5:26 pm
Top of PageView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Post subject: Reply with quote  

Ghafir (Forgiver)

Translation

Verses 1-20

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

حم (1)

Ha Meem.
[Al Quran ; 40:1]

تَنْزِيلُ الْكِتَابِ مِنَ اللَّهِ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ (2)

Descending of the book from Allah, the Mighty, the Knowing.
[Al Quran ; 40:2]

غَافِرِ الذَّنْبِ وَقَابِلِ التَّوْبِ شَدِيدِ الْعِقَابِ ذِي الطَّوْلِ ۖ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ إِلَيْهِ الْمَصِيرُ (3)

Forgiver of sin and Acceptor of repentance, Severe in punishment, Possessor of abundance. There is no god except He; to Him is the destination.
[Al Quran ; 40:3]

مَا يُجَادِلُ فِي آيَاتِ اللَّهِ إِلَّا الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَلَا يَغْرُرْكَ تَقَلُّبُهُمْ فِي الْبِلَادِ (4)

No one disputes about the signs of Allah except those who have disbelieved, so be not deceived by their status throughout the cities.
[Al Quran ; 40:4]

كَذَّبَتْ قَبْلَهُمْ قَوْمُ نُوحٍ وَالْأَحْزَابُ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ ۖ وَهَمَّتْ كُلُّ أُمَّةٍ بِرَسُولِهِمْ لِيَأْخُذُوهُ ۖ وَجَادَلُوا بِالْبَاطِلِ لِيُدْحِضُوا بِهِ الْحَقَّ فَأَخَذْتُهُمْ ۖ فَكَيْفَ كَانَ عِقَابِ (5)

The people of Nuh denied before them, and (so did) the parties after them. And every nation intended (plots) for their messenger to seize him, and they disputed with falsehood to nullify thereby the truth. So I seized them; and how was My punishment.
[Al Quran ; 40:5]

وَكَذَٰلِكَ حَقَّتْ كَلِمَتُ رَبِّكَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَنَّهُمْ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ (6)

And thus did the word of your Lord become justified against those who have disbelieved that they will be the companions of the fire.
[Al Quran ; 40:6]

الَّذِينَ يَحْمِلُونَ الْعَرْشَ وَمَنْ حَوْلَهُ يُسَبِّحُونَ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّهِمْ وَيُؤْمِنُونَ بِهِ وَيَسْتَغْفِرُونَ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا رَبَّنَا وَسِعْتَ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ رَحْمَةً وَعِلْمًا فَاغْفِرْ لِلَّذِينَ تَابُوا وَاتَّبَعُوا سَبِيلَكَ وَقِهِمْ عَذَابَ الْجَحِيمِ (7)

Those who carry the throne and those around it glorify with praise of their Lord and believe in Him and seek forgiveness for those who have believed, (saying): Our Lord! You encompassed everything in mercy and knowledge, so forgive those who have repented and followed Your way and protect them from the torture of the hellfire.
[Al Quran ; 40:7]

رَبَّنَا وَأَدْخِلْهُمْ جَنَّاتِ عَدْنٍ الَّتِي وَعَدْتَهُمْ وَمَنْ صَلَحَ مِنْ آبَائِهِمْ وَأَزْوَاجِهِمْ وَذُرِّيَّاتِهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ (8)

Our Lord! And admit them the gardens of Eden which You promised them, and whoever did good of their fathers and their spouses and their descendants; indeed, You are the Mighty, the Wise.
[Al Quran ; 40:8]

وَقِهِمُ السَّيِّئَاتِ ۚ وَمَنْ تَقِ السَّيِّئَاتِ يَوْمَئِذٍ فَقَدْ رَحِمْتَهُ ۚ وَذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ (9)

And protect them from evil deeds; and one whom You protect from evil deeds on that day, You will have granted him mercy, and that is the great attainment.
[Al Quran ; 40:9]

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُنَادَوْنَ لَمَقْتُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ مِنْ مَقْتِكُمْ أَنْفُسَكُمْ إِذْ تُدْعَوْنَ إِلَى الْإِيمَانِ فَتَكْفُرُونَ (10)

Indeed, those who have disbelieved will be called: Surely the hatred of Allah for you is greater than your hatred of yourselves when you were invited to the belief, but you disbelieved.
[Al Quran ; 40:10]

قَالُوا رَبَّنَا أَمَتَّنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ وَأَحْيَيْتَنَا اثْنَتَيْنِ فَاعْتَرَفْنَا بِذُنُوبِنَا فَهَلْ إِلَىٰ خُرُوجٍ مِنْ سَبِيلٍ (11)

They will say: Our Lord! You caused us to die twice and gave us life twice, and we admit our sins; so is there to an exit any way?
[Al Quran ; 40:11]

ذَٰلِكُمْ بِأَنَّهُ إِذَا دُعِيَ اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ كَفَرْتُمْ ۖ وَإِنْ يُشْرَكْ بِهِ تُؤْمِنُوا ۚ فَالْحُكْمُ لِلَّهِ الْعَلِيِّ الْكَبِيرِ (12)

That is because when Allah is called upon alone, you disbelieve, but if others are associated with Him, you believe. So judgment belongs to Allah, the Exalted, the Great.
[Al Quran ; 40:12]

هُوَ الَّذِي يُرِيكُمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُنَزِّلُ لَكُمْ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ رِزْقًا ۚ وَمَا يَتَذَكَّرُ إِلَّا مَنْ يُنِيبُ (13)

It is He Who shows you His signs and sends down for you from the sky provision; and none remembers except one who turns (to Allah).
[Al Quran ; 40:13]

فَادْعُوا اللَّهَ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ (14)

So call upon Allah, sincere to Him in religion, although the unbelievers dislike it.
[Al Quran ; 40:14]

رَفِيعُ الدَّرَجَاتِ ذُو الْعَرْشِ يُلْقِي الرُّوحَ مِنْ أَمْرِهِ عَلَىٰ مَنْ يَشَاءُ مِنْ عِبَادِهِ لِيُنْذِرَ يَوْمَ التَّلَاقِ (15)

Exalted in all degrees, Possessor of the throne. He places the inspiration of His command upon whom He wills of His servants to warn of the day of meeting.
[Al Quran ; 40:15]

يَوْمَ هُمْ بَارِزُونَ ۖ لَا يَخْفَىٰ عَلَى اللَّهِ مِنْهُمْ شَيْءٌ ۚ لِمَنِ الْمُلْكُ الْيَوْمَ ۖ لِلَّهِ الْوَاحِدِ الْقَهَّارِ (16)

The day they will come forth, nothing about them remains hidden from Allah. To whom belongs the kingdom this day? To Allah, the One, the Prevailing.
[Al Quran ; 40:16]

الْيَوْمَ تُجْزَىٰ كُلُّ نَفْسٍ بِمَا كَسَبَتْ ۚ لَا ظُلْمَ الْيَوْمَ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ سَرِيعُ الْحِسَابِ (17)

This day every soul will be rewarded for what it has earned. No injustice this day; indeed, Allah is swift in reckoning.
[Al Quran ; 40:17]

وَأَنْذِرْهُمْ يَوْمَ الْآزِفَةِ إِذِ الْقُلُوبُ لَدَى الْحَنَاجِرِ كَاظِمِينَ ۚ مَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ حَمِيمٍ وَلَا شَفِيعٍ يُطَاعُ (18)

And warn them of the approaching day, when hearts will be at the throats, distressed. For the unjust there will be no devoted friend and intercessor to be obeyed.
[Al Quran ; 40:18]

يَعْلَمُ خَائِنَةَ الْأَعْيُنِ وَمَا تُخْفِي الصُّدُورُ (19)

He knows that which deceives the eyes and what the chests conceal.
[Al Quran ; 40:19]

وَاللَّهُ يَقْضِي بِالْحَقِّ ۖ وَالَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِهِ لَا يَقْضُونَ بِشَيْءٍ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ (20)

And Allah decrees with truth, while those upon whom they call other than Him will not decree a thing. Indeed, Allah is the Hearing, the Seeing.
[Al Quran ; 40:20]

Checked on 12/7/2010

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Posted:
Wed 20 May, 2009 5:29 pm
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Ghafir (Forgiver)

Translation

Verses 21-40

أَوَلَمْ يَسِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَيَنْظُرُوا كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الَّذِينَ كَانُوا مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ ۚ كَانُوا هُمْ أَشَدَّ مِنْهُمْ قُوَّةً وَآثَارًا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَأَخَذَهُمُ اللَّهُ بِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَا كَانَ لَهُمْ مِنَ اللَّهِ مِنْ وَاقٍ (21)

Have they not walked in the land and seen how the consequence was for those before them? They were greater than them in strength and heritage in the land, but Allah seized them for their sins. And there was not for them any protector.
[Al Quran ; 40:21]

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ كَانَتْ تَأْتِيهِمْ رُسُلُهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَكَفَرُوا فَأَخَذَهُمُ اللَّهُ ۚ إِنَّهُ قَوِيٌّ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ (22)

That was because their messengers came to them with clear signs, but they disbelieved, so Allah seized them. Indeed, He is Strong, Severe in punishment.
[Al Quran ; 40:22]

وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا مُوسَىٰ بِآيَاتِنَا وَسُلْطَانٍ مُبِينٍ (23)

And We have certainly sent Musa with Our signs and a clear authority.
[Al Quran ; 40:23]

إِلَىٰ فِرْعَوْنَ وَهَامَانَ وَقَارُونَ فَقَالُوا سَاحِرٌ كَذَّابٌ (24)

To Firon and Haman and Qarun, but they said: A lying magician.
[Al Quran ; 40:24]

فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ بِالْحَقِّ مِنْ عِنْدِنَا قَالُوا اقْتُلُوا أَبْنَاءَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَعَهُ وَاسْتَحْيُوا نِسَاءَهُمْ ۚ وَمَا كَيْدُ الْكَافِرِينَ إِلَّا فِي ضَلَالٍ (25)

And when he brought to them the truth from Us, they said: Kill the sons of those who have believed with him and keep their women alive. And the plan of the unbelievers is not except in error.
[Al Quran ; 40:25]

وَقَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ ذَرُونِي أَقْتُلْ مُوسَىٰ وَلْيَدْعُ رَبَّهُ ۖ إِنِّي أَخَافُ أَنْ يُبَدِّلَ دِينَكُمْ أَوْ أَنْ يُظْهِرَ فِي الْأَرْضِ الْفَسَادَ (26)

And Firon said: Let me kill Musa and let him call upon his Lord; indeed, I fear that he will change your religion or that he will make mischief in the land.
[Al Quran ; 40:26]

وَقَالَ مُوسَىٰ إِنِّي عُذْتُ بِرَبِّي وَرَبِّكُمْ مِنْ كُلِّ مُتَكَبِّرٍ لَا يُؤْمِنُ بِيَوْمِ الْحِسَابِ (27)

And Musa said: Indeed, I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord from every arrogant who does not believe in the day of reckoning.
[Al Quran ; 40:27]

وَقَالَ رَجُلٌ مُؤْمِنٌ مِنْ آلِ فِرْعَوْنَ يَكْتُمُ إِيمَانَهُ أَتَقْتُلُونَ رَجُلًا أَنْ يَقُولَ رَبِّيَ اللَّهُ وَقَدْ جَاءَكُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ ۖ وَإِنْ يَكُ كَاذِبًا فَعَلَيْهِ كَذِبُهُ ۖ وَإِنْ يَكُ صَادِقًا يُصِبْكُمْ بَعْضُ الَّذِي يَعِدُكُمْ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ مُسْرِفٌ كَذَّابٌ (28)

And a believing man from among the people of Firon who was hiding his faith said: Will you kill a man because he says: My Lord is Allah, while he has brought to you clear signs from your Lord? And if he is a liar, upon him will be his lies, and if he is truthful, there will strike you some of that which he promises you; indeed, Allah does not guide one who is a lying extravagant.
[Al Quran ; 40:28]

يَا قَوْمِ لَكُمُ الْمُلْكُ الْيَوْمَ ظَاهِرِينَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَمَنْ يَنْصُرُنَا مِنْ بَأْسِ اللَّهِ إِنْ جَاءَنَا ۚ قَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ مَا أُرِيكُمْ إِلَّا مَا أَرَىٰ وَمَا أَهْدِيكُمْ إِلَّا سَبِيلَ الرَّشَادِ (29)

O my people! Kingdom is yours today, dominant in the land. But who will help us against the distress of Allah if it came to us? Firon said: I do not show you except what I see, and I do not guide you except to the way of maturity.
[Al Quran ; 40:29]

وَقَالَ الَّذِي آمَنَ يَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِثْلَ يَوْمِ الْأَحْزَابِ (30)

And the one who has believed said: O my people! Indeed, I fear upon you the like of the day of the allies.
[Al Quran ; 40:30]

مِثْلَ دَأْبِ قَوْمِ نُوحٍ وَعَادٍ وَثَمُودَ وَالَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ ۚ وَمَا اللَّهُ يُرِيدُ ظُلْمًا لِلْعِبَادِ (31)

Like the custom of the people of Nuh and Ad and Thamud and those after them. And Allah does not want injustice for (His) servants;
[Al Quran ; 40:31]

وَيَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ يَوْمَ التَّنَادِ (32)

And O my people! I fear upon you the day of calling.
[Al Quran ; 40:32]

يَوْمَ تُوَلُّونَ مُدْبِرِينَ مَا لَكُمْ مِنَ اللَّهِ مِنْ عَاصِمٍ ۗ وَمَنْ يُضْلِلِ اللَّهُ فَمَا لَهُ مِنْ هَادٍ (33)

The day you will turn your backs fleeing; there will not be for you from Allah any shielder, and whoever Allah causes to err, there will not be for him any guide.
[Al Quran ; 40:33]

وَلَقَدْ جَاءَكُمْ يُوسُفُ مِنْ قَبْلُ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَمَا زِلْتُمْ فِي شَكٍّ مِمَّا جَاءَكُمْ بِهِ ۖ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا هَلَكَ قُلْتُمْ لَنْ يَبْعَثَ اللَّهُ مِنْ بَعْدِهِ رَسُولًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يُضِلُّ اللَّهُ مَنْ هُوَ مُسْرِفٌ مُرْتَابٌ (34)

And Yusuf had certainly come to you before with clear signs, but you remained in doubt of that which he brought to you; until when he perished, you said: Allah will never send after him a messenger. Thus does Allah misguide one who is extravagant and sceptic.
[Al Quran ; 40:34]

الَّذِينَ يُجَادِلُونَ فِي آيَاتِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ سُلْطَانٍ أَتَاهُمْ ۖ كَبُرَ مَقْتًا عِنْدَ اللَّهِ وَعِنْدَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يَطْبَعُ اللَّهُ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ قَلْبِ مُتَكَبِّرٍ جَبَّارٍ (35)

Those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without any authority coming to them; greatly hated by Allah and by those who have believed. Thus does Allah seal over the heart of every arrogant tyrant.
[Al Quran ; 40:35]

وَقَالَ فِرْعَوْنُ يَا هَامَانُ ابْنِ لِي صَرْحًا لَعَلِّي أَبْلُغُ الْأَسْبَابَ (36)

And Firon said: O Haman! Build for me a tower that I may reach the means (of knowledge).
[Al Quran ; 40:36]

أَسْبَابَ السَّمَاوَاتِ فَأَطَّلِعَ إِلَىٰ إِلَٰهِ مُوسَىٰ وَإِنِّي لَأَظُنُّهُ كَاذِبًا ۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ زُيِّنَ لِفِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ عَمَلِهِ وَصُدَّ عَنِ السَّبِيلِ ۚ وَمَا كَيْدُ فِرْعَوْنَ إِلَّا فِي تَبَابٍ (37)

The means (of knowledge) concerning the heavens, so that I can look at the god of Musa; and indeed, I think he is a liar. And thus was decorated for Firon the evil of his deed, and he hindered from the way; and the plan of Firon was not except in ruin.
[Al Quran ; 40:37]

وَقَالَ الَّذِي آمَنَ يَا قَوْمِ اتَّبِعُونِ أَهْدِكُمْ سَبِيلَ الرَّشَادِ (38)

And the one who has believed said: O my people! Follow me; I will guide you to the way of maturity.
[Al Quran ; 40:38]

يَا قَوْمِ إِنَّمَا هَٰذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا مَتَاعٌ وَإِنَّ الْآخِرَةَ هِيَ دَارُ الْقَرَارِ (39)

O my people! The life of this world is only an enjoyment; and indeed, the hereafter is the home of settlement.
[Al Quran ; 40:39]

مَنْ عَمِلَ سَيِّئَةً فَلَا يُجْزَىٰ إِلَّا مِثْلَهَا ۖ وَمَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِنْ ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنْثَىٰ وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَدْخُلُونَ الْجَنَّةَ يُرْزَقُونَ فِيهَا بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ (40)

Whoever does an evil deed, he will not be rewarded except the like of it, and whoever does good deed, whether male or female, and is a believer, it is them who will enter the garden, they will be given provision therein without measure.
[Al Quran ; 40:40]

Checked on 13/7/2010

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Posted:
Fri 22 May, 2009 9:53 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Ghafir (Forgiver)

Translation

Verses 41-60

وَيَا قَوْمِ مَا لِي أَدْعُوكُمْ إِلَى النَّجَاةِ وَتَدْعُونَنِي إِلَى النَّارِ (41)

And O my people! How is it that I invite you to salvation while you invite me to the fire?
[Al Quran ; 40:41]

تَدْعُونَنِي لِأَكْفُرَ بِاللَّهِ وَأُشْرِكَ بِهِ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِهِ عِلْمٌ وَأَنَا أَدْعُوكُمْ إِلَى الْعَزِيزِ الْغَفَّارِ (42)

You invite me to disbelieve in Allah and associate with Him that of which I have no knowledge, and I invite you to the Mighty, the Forgiver.
[Al Quran ; 40:42]

لَا جَرَمَ أَنَّمَا تَدْعُونَنِي إِلَيْهِ لَيْسَ لَهُ دَعْوَةٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَلَا فِي الْآخِرَةِ وَأَنَّ مَرَدَّنَا إِلَى اللَّهِ وَأَنَّ الْمُسْرِفِينَ هُمْ أَصْحَابُ النَّارِ (43)

Without a doubt, that for which you invite me has no supplication in this world or in the hereafter. And indeed, our return is to Allah; and indeed, the extravagant are the companions of the fire.
[Al Quran ; 40:43]

فَسَتَذْكُرُونَ مَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ ۚ وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِي إِلَى اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ (44)

And you will remember what I say to you, and I entrust my affair to Allah. Indeed, Allah is Seeing of the servants.
[Al Quran ; 40:44]

فَوَقَاهُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَرُوا ۖ وَحَاقَ بِآلِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ (45)

So Allah protected him from the evils of what they planned; and the people of Firon were enveloped by the worst of torture.
[Al Quran ; 40:45]

النَّارُ يُعْرَضُونَ عَلَيْهَا غُدُوًّا وَعَشِيًّا ۖ وَيَوْمَ تَقُومُ السَّاعَةُ أَدْخِلُوا آلَ فِرْعَوْنَ أَشَدَّ الْعَذَابِ (46)

The fire, they are exposed to it morning and evening. And the day the hour starts, make the people of Firon enter the severest torture.
[Al Quran ; 40:46]

وَإِذْ يَتَحَاجُّونَ فِي النَّارِ فَيَقُولُ الضُّعَفَاءُ لِلَّذِينَ اسْتَكْبَرُوا إِنَّا كُنَّا لَكُمْ تَبَعًا فَهَلْ أَنْتُمْ مُغْنُونَ عَنَّا نَصِيبًا مِنَ النَّارِ (47)

And when they will argue in the fire, so the weak will say to those who had been arrogant: Indeed, we were to you followers, so will you avert from us a portion of the fire?
[Al Quran ; 40:47]

قَالَ الَّذِينَ اسْتَكْبَرُوا إِنَّا كُلٌّ فِيهَا إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ حَكَمَ بَيْنَ الْعِبَادِ (48)

Those who were arrogant will say: Indeed, all (of us) are in it. Indeed, Allah has judged between the servants.
[Al Quran ; 40:48]

وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ فِي النَّارِ لِخَزَنَةِ جَهَنَّمَ ادْعُوا رَبَّكُمْ يُخَفِّفْ عَنَّا يَوْمًا مِنَ الْعَذَابِ (49)

And those who will be in the fire will say to the keepers of hell: Call upon your Lord that He may lighten for us a day from the torture.
[Al Quran ; 40:49]

قَالُوا أَوَلَمْ تَكُ تَأْتِيكُمْ رُسُلُكُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ ۖ قَالُوا بَلَىٰ ۚ قَالُوا فَادْعُوا ۗ وَمَا دُعَاءُ الْكَافِرِينَ إِلَّا فِي ضَلَالٍ (50)

They (the angels) will say: Did there not come to you your messengers with the proofs? They will say: Yes. They (the angels) will say: Then supplicate, but the supplication of the unbelievers is not except in error.
[Al Quran ; 40:50]

إِنَّا لَنَنْصُرُ رُسُلَنَا وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فِي الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَيَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْأَشْهَادُ (51)

Indeed, We help Our messengers and those who have believed during the life of this world and on the day when the witnesses will stand.
[Al Quran ; 40:51]

يَوْمَ لَا يَنْفَعُ الظَّالِمِينَ مَعْذِرَتُهُمْ ۖ وَلَهُمُ اللَّعْنَةُ وَلَهُمْ سُوءُ الدَّارِ (52)

The day their excuse will not benefit the unjust, and for them is the curse, and for them is the worst home.
[Al Quran ; 40:52]

وَلَقَدْ آتَيْنَا مُوسَى الْهُدَىٰ وَأَوْرَثْنَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ الْكِتَابَ (53)

And We had certainly given Musa the guidance, and We made the sons of Israel to inherit the book.
[Al Quran ; 40:53]

هُدًى وَذِكْرَىٰ لِأُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ (54)

Guidance and a reminder to those who possess minds.
[Al Quran ; 40:54]

فَاصْبِرْ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لِذَنْبِكَ وَسَبِّحْ بِحَمْدِ رَبِّكَ بِالْعَشِيِّ وَالْإِبْكَارِ (55)

So be patient; indeed, the promise of Allah is true. And seek forgiveness for your sin and glorify with praise of your Lord in the evening and the morning.
[Al Quran ; 40:55]

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يُجَادِلُونَ فِي آيَاتِ اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ سُلْطَانٍ أَتَاهُمْ ۙ إِنْ فِي صُدُورِهِمْ إِلَّا كِبْرٌ مَا هُمْ بِبَالِغِيهِ ۚ فَاسْتَعِذْ بِاللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّهُ هُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْبَصِيرُ (56)

Indeed, those who dispute concerning the signs of Allah without any authority coming to them, there is only arrogance within their chests which they will never reach. So seek refuge in Allah; indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing.
[Al Quran ; 40:56]

لَخَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ أَكْبَرُ مِنْ خَلْقِ النَّاسِ وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ (57)

Surely the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of the people, but most of the people do not know.
[Al Quran ; 40:57]

وَمَا يَسْتَوِي الْأَعْمَىٰ وَالْبَصِيرُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَلَا الْمُسِيءُ ۚ قَلِيلًا مَا تَتَذَكَّرُونَ (58)

And not equal are the blind and the one who sees, nor are those who have believed and done good deeds and the evildoer. Little do you remember.
[Al Quran ; 40:58]

إِنَّ السَّاعَةَ لَآتِيَةٌ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهَا وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ (59)

Indeed, the hour is coming, no doubt about it, but most of the people do not believe.
[Al Quran ; 40:59]

وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَسْتَكْبِرُونَ عَنْ عِبَادَتِي سَيَدْخُلُونَ جَهَنَّمَ دَاخِرِينَ (60)

And your Lord says: Call upon Me; I will answer you. Indeed, those who are arrogant concerning My worship will enter hell in disgrace.
[Al Quran ; 40:60]

Checked on 13/7/2010

Last edited by AhmedBahgat on Tue 13 Jul, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Posted:
Tue 26 May, 2009 10:46 am
AhmedBahgat
Site Admin
Site Admin

australia.gif

Ghafir (Forgiver)

Translation

Verses 61-85

اللَّهُ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ اللَّيْلَ لِتَسْكُنُوا فِيهِ وَالنَّهَارَ مُبْصِرًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَذُو فَضْلٍ عَلَى النَّاسِ وَلَٰكِنَّ أَكْثَرَ النَّاسِ لَا يَشْكُرُونَ (61)

It is Allah Who made for you the night that you may rest therein and the day giving vision. Indeed, Allah is Possessor of grace upon the people, but most of the people are not grateful.
[Al Quran ; 40:61]

ذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ خَالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ فَأَنَّىٰ تُؤْفَكُونَ (62)

That is Allah, your Lord, the Creator of everything, there is no god except He, so how are you deluded?
[Al Quran ; 40:62]

كَذَٰلِكَ يُؤْفَكُ الَّذِينَ كَانُوا بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ يَجْحَدُونَ (63)

Thus were those before you deluded who used to be, concerning the signs of Allah, denying.
[Al Quran ; 40:63]

اللَّهُ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ قَرَارًا وَالسَّمَاءَ بِنَاءً وَصَوَّرَكُمْ فَأَحْسَنَ صُوَرَكُمْ وَرَزَقَكُمْ مِنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ ۖ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ (64)

It is Allah Who made the earth for you a settlement and the sky a structure and formed you and perfected your forms and provided you with good things. That is Allah, your Lord, so blessings from Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
[Al Quran ; 40:64]

هُوَ الْحَيُّ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ فَادْعُوهُ مُخْلِصِينَ لَهُ الدِّينَ ۗ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (65)

He is the Alive, there is no god except He. So call upon Him, sincere to Him in religion; praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
[Al Quran ; 40:65]

قُلْ إِنِّي نُهِيتُ أَنْ أَعْبُدَ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ لَمَّا جَاءَنِيَ الْبَيِّنَاتُ مِنْ رَبِّي وَأُمِرْتُ أَنْ أُسْلِمَ لِرَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ (66)

Say: Indeed, I have been forbidden to serve those upon whom you call other than Allah when the clear proofs have come to me from my Lord; and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds.
[Al Quran ; 40:66]

هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ عَلَقَةٍ ثُمَّ يُخْرِجُكُمْ طِفْلًا ثُمَّ لِتَبْلُغُوا أَشُدَّكُمْ ثُمَّ لِتَكُونُوا شُيُوخًا ۚ وَمِنْكُمْ مَنْ يُتَوَفَّىٰ مِنْ قَبْلُ ۖ وَلِتَبْلُغُوا أَجَلًا مُسَمًّى وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَعْقِلُونَ (67)

It is He Who created you from dust, then from a drop, then from a clinging (fertilized) egg, then He brings you out as a child, then you may reach your maturity, then you may become elders. And among you is one who is caused to die before (becoming elder), so that you reach a specified term; and perhaps you will understand.
[Al Quran ; 40:67]

هُوَ الَّذِي يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ ۖ فَإِذَا قَضَىٰ أَمْرًا فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَهُ كُنْ فَيَكُونُ (68)

It is He Who gives life and causes death, and when He decrees a command, He only says to it: Be, and it is.
[Al Quran ; 40:68]

أَلَمْ تَرَ إِلَى الَّذِينَ يُجَادِلُونَ فِي آيَاتِ اللَّهِ أَنَّىٰ يُصْرَفُونَ (69)

Have you not seen those who dispute the signs of Allah, how are they averted?
[Al Quran ; 40:69]

الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُوا بِالْكِتَابِ وَبِمَا أَرْسَلْنَا بِهِ رُسُلَنَا ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ (70)

Those who denied the book and that with which We have sent Our messengers, they are going to know.
[Al Quran ; 40:70]

إِذِ الْأَغْلَالُ فِي أَعْنَاقِهِمْ وَالسَّلَاسِلُ يُسْحَبُونَ (71)

When the shackles will be around their necks and the chains, they will be dragged.
[Al Quran ; 40:71]

فِي الْحَمِيمِ ثُمَّ فِي النَّارِ يُسْجَرُونَ (72)

Into boiling water, then in the fire they will be burning.
[Al Quran ; 40:72]

ثُمَّ قِيلَ لَهُمْ أَيْنَ مَا كُنْتُمْ تُشْرِكُونَ (73)

Then it will be said to them: Where is that which you used to associate,
[Al Quran ; 40:73]

مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ ۖ قَالُوا ضَلُّوا عَنَّا بَلْ لَمْ نَكُنْ نَدْعُو مِنْ قَبْلُ شَيْئًا ۚ كَذَٰلِكَ يُضِلُّ اللَّهُ الْكَافِرِينَ (74)

Other than Allah? They will say: They have departed from us; rather, we used not to call upon a thing before. Thus does Allah misguide the unbelievers.
[Al Quran ; 40:74]

ذَٰلِكُمْ بِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَفْرَحُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ بِغَيْرِ الْحَقِّ وَبِمَا كُنْتُمْ تَمْرَحُونَ (75)

That is because you used to rejoice in the land without right and because you used to behave insolently.
[Al Quran ; 40:75]

ادْخُلُوا أَبْوَابَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۖ فَبِئْسَ مَثْوَى الْمُتَكَبِّرِينَ (76)

Enter the gates of hell, abiding therein, and miserable is the refuge of the arrogant.
[Al Quran ; 40:76]

فَاصْبِرْ إِنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ ۚ فَإِمَّا نُرِيَنَّكَ بَعْضَ الَّذِي نَعِدُهُمْ أَوْ نَتَوَفَّيَنَّكَ فَإِلَيْنَا يُرْجَعُونَ (77)

So be patient, indeed, the promise of Allah is true. And whether We show you some of what We promise them or We cause you to die, to Us they will be returned.
[Al Quran ; 40:77]

وَلَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلًا مِنْ قَبْلِكَ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ قَصَصْنَا عَلَيْكَ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ لَمْ نَقْصُصْ عَلَيْكَ ۗ وَمَا كَانَ لِرَسُولٍ أَنْ يَأْتِيَ بِآيَةٍ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ فَإِذَا جَاءَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ قُضِيَ بِالْحَقِّ وَخَسِرَ هُنَالِكَ الْمُبْطِلُونَ (78)

And We have certainly sent messengers before you, among them are those about whom We have told you, and among them are those about whom We have not told you. And it was not for a messenger to bring a sign except with the permission of Allah. So when the command of Allah comes, it will be decreed in truth, and the falsifiers thereupon lose.
[Al Quran ; 40:78]

اللَّهُ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَنْعَامَ لِتَرْكَبُوا مِنْهَا وَمِنْهَا تَأْكُلُونَ (79)

It is Allah Who made for you the cattle upon which you ride upon, and of them you eat.
[Al Quran ; 40:79]

وَلَكُمْ فِيهَا مَنَافِعُ وَلِتَبْلُغُوا عَلَيْهَا حَاجَةً فِي صُدُورِكُمْ وَعَلَيْهَا وَعَلَى الْفُلْكِ تُحْمَلُونَ (80)

And for you in them are benefits, and that you may reach upon them a need which is in your chests, and upon them and upon the ships you are carried.
[Al Quran ; 40:80]

وَيُرِيكُمْ آيَاتِهِ فَأَيَّ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ تُنْكِرُونَ (81)

And He shows you His signs; so which of the signs of Allah do you deny?
[Al Quran ; 40:81]

أَفَلَمْ يَسِيرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَيَنْظُرُوا كَيْفَ كَانَ عَاقِبَةُ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ ۚ كَانُوا أَكْثَرَ مِنْهُمْ وَأَشَدَّ قُوَّةً وَآثَارًا فِي الْأَرْضِ فَمَا أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُمْ مَا كَانُوا يَكْسِبُونَ (82)

Have they not walked in the land and saw how was the consequence for those before them? They were more than them and greater in strength and heritage in the land, but they were not availed by what they used to earn.
[Al Quran ; 40:82]

فَلَمَّا جَاءَتْهُمْ رُسُلُهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ فَرِحُوا بِمَا عِنْدَهُمْ مِنَ الْعِلْمِ وَحَاقَ بِهِمْ مَا كَانُوا بِهِ يَسْتَهْزِئُونَ (83)

And when their messengers came to them with clear proofs, they rejoiced with what they had with them of knowledge, and they were enveloped by that which they used to ridicule.
[Al Quran ; 40:83]

فَلَمَّا رَأَوْا بَأْسَنَا قَالُوا آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَحْدَهُ وَكَفَرْنَا بِمَا كُنَّا بِهِ مُشْرِكِينَ (84)

So when they saw Our distress, they said: We have believed in Allah alone and disbelieved in that which we used to associate with Him.
[Al Quran ; 40:84]

فَلَمْ يَكُ يَنْفَعُهُمْ إِيمَانُهُمْ لَمَّا رَأَوْا بَأْسَنَا ۖ سُنَّتَ اللَّهِ الَّتِي قَدْ خَلَتْ فِي عِبَادِهِ ۖ وَخَسِرَ هُنَالِكَ الْكَافِرُونَ (85)

But their belief was never to benefit them when they had seen Our distress; the course of Allah which has preceded among His servants, and the unbelievers thereupon lose.
[Al Quran ; 40:85]

Checked on 13/7/2010
Post Posted:
Wed 27 May, 2009 1:22 am